TECHNICAL PROGRAMME OF WORK FOR THE YEAR 2014-15 OF DAATTC, CHITTOOR
Significant achievements of DAATTC, CHITTOOR
- Scientist of DAATTC Popularized the application of Gypsum @ 200kg per acre as basal, as it supply the required Ca and sulphur which plays an important role in the crystallization and development of golden yellow colour to Jaggery which is of superior quality and fetching premium price in the international market.
- We introduced the growing of green manure crops insitu like Sesbania and diancha, application of biofertilizers through seed and soil and explained the preparation and use of vermin-compost to enhance the soil fertility and crop productivity.
- Popularized IPM practices in Groundnut like seed treatment, (Imidacloprid @ 2ml/Kg seed) pheromone traps (8 per acre) trap crops (Castor), application of NSKE 5 % SINPV @ 100 LE /acre, need based application of thiodicard @ 1g/1 or novaluron 1 ml/1. This IPM practice was adopted by farmers in eastern mandals of Chittoor district in an extent of 30,000 ha
- We introduced the preparation of NSKE by soaking the grounded 10 kg of Neem cake in 20 litre of water for 24 hours and make up the solution to 200 litres to get 5% NSKE.
- All these practices effectively manage the pest to bellow ETL level and the same yield was obtained as that of chemical farming with better quality without out any pesticide residue so that we enhance the health and safety through organic farming. Farmers are fetching higher price in the Tirupati market which is produced organic.
- In collaboration with ATMA SRI Planting of sugarcane was popularized among the farming community.