ARS Utukur - About Us

ARS Utukur

Agricultural Research Station, Utukur (formerly Rice Research Station) was established on 23rd November 1956 at Kamalapuram and later   shifted to Utukur, Kadapa in the year 1962. Agricultural Research Station, Utukur is located on the National Highway 18 (Kadapa-Bangalore) at about 5 km away from Kadapa town. Originally the scheme was under the Department of Agriculture and came into the fold of Andhra Pradesh Agricultural University in the year 1966. The Rice Research Station was converted to Betelvine Research Station in the year 1967 keeping in view the area under betelvine cultivation and its importance in the district. With time, the importance of agricultural crops gained momentum and the Betelvine Research Station was converted to Agricultural Research Station in the year 1980. Since then the main focus is on the water management, rice based cropping systems, development of fertilizer prescription equations and evaluation of suitable lines in paddy, redgram, blackgram, greengram, sunflower, maize and sugarcane.